Monday, December 14, 2015

WHY WE MUST NEVER BLAME OUR MOTHER



I have a secret to share with you. When I was young, in primary school, I used to show my resentment to my mom for not having a younger baby sister or brother to play with.  I was pretty much lonely so after Quran classes I started roaming the village, Kampung Padang, named by its strategic position in the middle of paddy fields. I would visit my friends’ houses where I would have fun playing all those traditional games such as congkak, hide and sick, play house, combat and other children’s stuffs with them. 
We had so much childhood fun during the day but when the day ended, I had to return home and the emptiness started seeping in. I was lonely again. Having 2 brothers did not help much due to age gaps. I was practically left alone to entertain myself at night.  To make it worse, we had no television set at home until I turned 15 (1980).  Just imagine. Sometimes at night I would go to my nearby neighbours’ house to watch my favourite Combat, 6 Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman and many other interesting movies and programs.
At that time life was very safe, crime cases were almost unheard off, everyone trusted one another and therefore,I was free to do as I liked. But whenever I did anything wrong, I would secretly put my blame on my parents….”because I don’t have a younger sister or brother, that’s why I become like this….”

10 years later, I had my first son, life definitely changed from peaceful dreams to troubled nights, from being a deep sleeper into light sleeper.  Then came another girl 2 years after that. It was still bearable. Another baby came a year after and another one was delivered the following year. By then I had 4 children already.  Life was slowly turning into nightmares. My husband and I shared the responsibility and we learnt new things daily. Allah is The Most Compassionate. We were granted 4 more until I turned 40 in 2005. Praised be to Allah for bestowing us with 8 children.. to care, to love and to cherish.

Sometimes, I sat back and started thinking…..maybe this is Allah’s reminder to me as I complained that my mom did not give me a baby sister or brother…now he Gives me 8…..haha….eight is enough….Syukur.

No comments:

Post a Comment